Whether you're interested in applying as an undergraduate or a postgraduate, visiting Sidney is the best way to see what it might be like to live and study here.
Attending a College Open Day is a fantastic way to get a feel for Sidney. Find out more below.
Undergraduate Open Days
Sidney will be open to prospective applicants along with their parents and supporters on the 15th of September 2023 as part of the University of Cambridge Open Day.
Come visit us from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm to:
- Get a tour of the College from current students, which will include accommodation, common spaces, the gardens, our chapel, and our student bar
- Ask questions to our friendly undergraduates who will be on hand the entire day
- Speak to current Admissions Staff, including our Admissions Director, who will be available throughout the day in the JCR Common Room.
- Participate in one of our Director of Studies drop-in sessions. The schedule for those can be found here:
|Subject||Friday the 15th of September|
|Asian and Middle Eastern Studies||11.30-12.30|
|Engineering||10.00-11.00 and 12.00-15.00|
|Human, Social, and Political Sciences||14.00-15.00|
|Mathematics||10.00-12.00 and 13.00-15.00|
|Modern and Medieval Languages||11.00-13.00|
Please get in touch with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we cannot wait to welcome you to Sidney!
Postgraduate Open Day
More information is available on the Postgraduate Open Day web page.
What happens at an Open Day?
Attending a Sidney Sussex Open Day is a great way to:
- speak to the Admissions Team
- meet our academics
- attend talks about student life, the application process, and making a competitive application
- tour our beautiful College grounds
- see some student accommodation
- chat to our Student Ambassadors about life at Sidney and Cambridge
- explore the beautiful city of Cambridge
Outreach events for prospective undergraduates
Sidney is committed to ensuring that all applicants have access to open and up-to-date information about making applications to the University of Cambridge and and other higher education institutions.
Take a look at our events and resources aimed at prospective applicants and teachers on our Access Sidney page.
We regret that we cannot provide parking.
When you're planning your visit to Cambridge you may consider driving into the city and using one of the many car parking facilities made available by Cambridge City Council.
The closest car park to Sidney is located at Park Street which is just across the road from us.
One of the simplest ways of visiting Cambridge by car is to use one of the five Park & Ride sites located on the outskirts of the city.
The Cambridge railway station is located around one mile southeast from the historic city centre, and is around a 30 minute walk to Sidney. There are plenty of buses that can take you straight into the centre of town.
- Accommodation for Open Days
If you have to travel a very long distance to Sidney, then you may wish to consider booking overnight accommodation within the College. You can book accommodation on our website.
Please note that there is no accommodation available for the Mathematics Open Days or the College Open Days in September.
Due to constraints on space we regret that we are not able to provide accommodation for parents. The Cambridge Tourist Information Centre can provide details of local hotels and guesthouses.
- Open Days and Events Travel Fund
The University of Cambridge has established a travel fund to enable children in (or previously in) care to travel to open day events organised by the University and Colleges of Cambridge. For more information and to apply, please see the Travel Fund web page, or contact email@example.com.
- Drop-in visits
The College is often open for drop-in visits, and you can book your Sidney visit on Eventbrite. Find out more about visiting Sidney on our Visiting page and contact the Admissions Office if you require more information.