Sidney has a part-time College Nurse who can offer you advice and support.
The College Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse and is available to assist with any health or wellbeing need you may have. This includes assessment, support and advice for minor illness or injury, mental health concerns or more general support regarding any worries, personal or emotional issues as well as support with longer term physical and mental health conditions.
If more specialised help or treatment is required then the College Nurse will help refer you or point you in the right direction whether via your GP, the University Counselling Service or other sources of support.
The College Nurse is currently working remotely and all appointments are taking place via Teams. If you need first aid in College then please go to the Porters' Lodge or call ahead on +44 (0)1223 3 38800.
Clinic times for Easter Term
Remote appointments with the College Nurse are available Monday, Thursday, Friday (27th May - 18th June) and Monday, Tuesday and Friday (21st June - 29th June) 09.30am - 4:10pm. Please book via Moodle.
How to book an appointment
If you feel unwell or would like to discuss anything with the College Nurse please:
- Book an appointment on Moodle. The College Nurse will then call you on Teams at your appointment time (if Teams does not connect for any reason then the Nurse will use your mobile number to give you a call).
- You can also contact the College Nurse by email for any non-urgent queries firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of hours
- During the day please contact your GP.
- Overnight and weekends telephone NHS 111 Service.
- Pharmacists can advise on many ailments.
In an extreme emergency, the nearest casualty department is at Addenbrookes hospital. An extreme emergency is a condition such as (but not limited to):
- suspected broken bone
- road accident
- a severe wound that requires stitching
- suspected heart attack
All Porters are First Aid trained and should be informed immediately in an emergency (+44 (0)1223 3 38800). Telephone 999 for an ambulance.
The College Porters are here 24 hours a day and will know who to contact in unexpected circumstances.